Friday, April 20, 2012

{All You Need is Love}:: Contest

Finally getting to the contest. My world has been so busy with visits lately I am finally getting things back on track. I had so much fun with my Best Friend visiting from England with her husband and kids. I heard more english accent that ever before and loved it! 

On with the contest!
I am a sucker for love stories! Read the three love stories that were submitted and go to Facebook and vote for them. 

To Vote:
First Like My Kaptured by Kristi Fan Page
Then like the photo. If you share KBK fan page, the vote will count twice. 
Voting ends April 27th at midnight EST

Our First Love Story
{Liz and Rafael}
My Name is Liz and my husbands name is Rafael. We met while he was on leave in Aug of 2008. We started dating by the end of his leave because we decided to give it a try. And although it was tough... we had a long distance relationship. He was in the Air Force and stationed in Valdosta, GA, and I was in out home town which is in Lancaster, CA. Talk about living across the country from the person who changed your life over a few days of knowing them! I would regularly visit him every 2-3 months for about 2-3 weeks. This  went on for 2 years. When I came down to celebrate our 2 year anniversary I got pregnant with twins! We knew we loved each other and we got married to keep our family together. In total we have been together for 3 and a half years and married for a year and a half and we are a very happy family! Our twin boys are now 11 months old and the love of our lives!

Liz and Rafael and twins. Photo NOT taken by Kaptured by Kristi

Our Second Nomination and story
{Lindsay and Dayton}

He went to high school with my brother and one day in Target my family was just shopping around when all of a sudden here comes this guy and he jumps on my brothers back. My first thought, 'wow hes crazy but funny'. Years go by and we are pretty good friends as him and my brother became best friends. I had family and friends go to a beach house with us in Destin for my graduation and he came along as well, this is where he decided to put the moves on me. We were "together" starting at that moment. I at first thought it was strange seeing as how we were best friends but it grew on me. We did actually break up because I wasn't ready to "grow up" and be with the nice guy. Three years later he came back around before leaving for the Air Force and we grew really close. First he helped me get over a break up but we only had a month before he had to leave. I loved the way he made me feel, always having fun, always smiling, always being in love. I knew as we started dating again that we were meant to be and would get married one day. He was the most wonderful person I had ever dated. He always knew how to make me feel special and loved me with every beat of his heart, and I felt the same way. When he was in basic we wrote to each other as much as we could and we grew stronger in our relationship by our love letters. We got engaged 4 months later and got married a month after that because he was getting stationed in England. We both knew we couldn't be away from each other any longer since we had to go through basic and tech school already. It turned out that he wasn't cleared to go to England so instead we went to Idaho and we had our big beautiful wedding 4 months later. We started our lives together there where I had to learn to be a house wife and be away from my family for the first time in my life. Now here we are almost 4 years later. He is still my love and my best friend forever and always. 
Lindsay and Dayton, Photo NOT taken by Kaptured by Kristi
 Our third Nomination
{The Partain's}

So, the way my hubby and I met was sort of an accident. I had just come home from a four month long deployment and my best friend was supposed to pick me up from the airport after coming back from visiting my parents. When I called and woke her up she told me she was still tired (and probably drunk) from the night before so she was sending her across-the-hall-dorm-neighbor to pick me up and bring me back to my dorm. Well up walks this guy in a brown, grubby t-shirt, glasses and a backwards hat...I thought "Oh, boy..." He came up to me, introduced himself and then carried my bags to his car! When we got in the car, we started talking and just never stopped. He took me to breakfast that morning (my flight came in at 8am). I could not stop looking at his eyes! They were the greenest of green. :) He paid for breakfast and that night he took me to a movie (Raising Helen), and dinner at Olive Garden. We have been attatched at the hip, ever since! We met in March of '04, got engaged in August of '04 and married in September of '04. He's my prince, who I'd pretty much given up on meeting...and he just strolled into my life like he'd always been there!
The Partains - Photo taken by Kaptured by Kristi




AND if you are curious about the husband wife duo of Kaptured by Kristi.... Kristi & Monty, go look at this link. This is all about us!
The Story of Kristi & Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment